BEST FREE TRAVEL PLANNING APPS 2020
Best Travel Planning Apps couldn’t be taken into consideration without including a navigation app. But in earlier stage of navigation & guiding apps there was problem regarding internet connectivity for web mapping. In the beginning of 2000’s there was a boom in technological advancement which includes of some latest tech such as development of Android OS (2003) to addition of Facebook (2004) was first of its kind social networking platforms.
- Google Maps ensured of providing satellite, 360 degree, terrain views with real-time traffic routes with high-resolution imagery. But it’s Android & IOS apps version came back in late 2008 with built-in GPS navigation which makes the life of mine & fellow travelers easy.
- Google Maps offline feature introduced in 2015 enables an area to be saved for offline access, even when there is no internet connectivity which acts as a life savior for you & me during travel.
What would be the use of navigation apps if the traveler couldn’t reach its destination? Without proper means of transportation so to minimize your & mine efforts of finding cheap and best flights SkyScanner is like Knight in Shining Amour!!!
- Sky Scanner is an online info retrieval search engine travel app that gathers price rates of flights from different websites and provides you the best deals on flights.
TRAVEL HACK !!!
- Personally highly recommended!!! And travel hack for booking the cheapest flight via www.Skyscanner.com is to book any tickets through an incognito browser as each time the users refresh the page or repeat searches the price will soar high with each click in normal browsing modes.
With more travel comes greater expense!!!
Why not it would be??? As we move from Asia towards Europe exchange rates of currency varies drastically from cheaper at Black Markets to high rate at Airports
- Xe.com is an online foreign exchange tool used for currency exchange from a wide range of known currencies such as $ Dollars, € Euros, £ Pounds to local currency, and vice-versa.
Talking about my personal suggestion XE Currency would rank first for Best Free Travel Planning Apps as Xe.com allows visitors to check live exchange rates of any world currency before exchanging in local markets / airports as rates usually differs from place to place ranging $0.20 to $0.90.
Hotels/Hostels reservations, Flight Bookings, Travel Visa, and Health Insurance is requisite post Covid-19 pandemic organizing and managing travel plans!!!
Sounds like a Mess?? Huhhh!!!! Well nevertheless situation doesn’t remain the same.
- Trip-It usually summarize all travel plans and present you with online travel itinerary to manage your & mine trips with ease.
- With Built-in navigation, suggestions of nearby places, and display of travel stats from seat-tracking, travel fare expense to 24 hours pre-flight check-in reminder. Personally, its pro-feature provides a master travel itinerary, no matter where you are today & where would you be going tomorrow.
Favourite app & highly recommended!!! For daily traveler like you & me.
Currency could be easily exchanged through different places or via different platforms. But there is no alternative to exchange words of your & mine with local hosts! This is when language barrier interrupts while communicating with local people, but there is several multi-lingual translations but Google Translate is best in class to translate texts from one language to other. Google Translate embedded with Google Lens gives you an Augmented Reality (AR) interactive experience of real-world environment to translate texts and visuals to combine real & virtual worlds
At present Google Translate about 109 languages and 62 languages in development in near-future for translation.
Air bnb v/s Booking.com v/s Couchsurfing
AirBnb & Couchsurfing differs in lot of ways with Booking.com because AirBnb offers paid accommodation for home stays and Couchsurfing provides free accommodation to host people in by local community people whereas Booking.com offers hotel stays. AirBnb & Booking.com both are pundit in their respective business, but Couchsurfing enables better coalition between different communities’ people & local hosts.
Pros of Couchsurfing
- Solo Travel accommodation becomes expensive when stayed in hotels but Couchsurfing is Free!! As savings during travel can buy my host a good meal and that would be a positive gesture for quite obvious reasons!!
Pros of Airbnb & Booking.com
- Airbnb & Booking.com would be a life savior when travelling with friends/parents as Couchsurfing could be done only in solo travelling.
- Staying with strangers in a different country would make any new traveler uncomfortable and uneasy. So it can take at least 2-4 trips for new travelers to adjust to the Couchsurfing experience.
Having a Travel Tech isn’t adequate!!! But it also depend on Traveler how it utilizes it ??
Facts which makes the Traveler being Frustated with Travel Tech !!!
Best Travel Planning Apps couldn’t be put in full scale use if the traveler doesn’t have monetary help to sponsor his/her trip. Several Travel enthusiasts utilizes online platforms such as YouTube, Instagram, Quora to fund their trips, but some newbie traveler doesn’t have enough money to sponsor their trips so they go for an alternative for it !!! What’s that??? Hitchhiking!!!
Disclaimer: Trek n Tech claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on Trek n Tech, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.