IN-FLIGHT WI-FI ADVERTISING
- Talking about In-Flight Wi-Fi connection speed and efficiency is a matter of concern between users. Nowadays you and I being always connected to Social Media Platforms to gain market opportunity and audience engagement.
- In-Flight Wi-Fi attracts a lot of Influencers and Marketers to promote and advertise their commodities. So Airline Company makes sure engagement between marketer and customer and builds customer relationship between you and me.
- So the need for In-Flight Wi-Fi providing sources has gained a great pace in this field from the mid 90’s era.
“The airplane stays up because it doesn’t have the time to fall.”
How in-Flight Wi-Fi actually Works?
Ground Station Network
Antenna picks up signal from ground station but have certain limitations
Certainly cost of operation of In-Flight Wi-Fi is far more than ground station network companies. Mostly airline charges some $ per hour experience but some too provide it for free such as
List of some Airlines/GSM internet access
- Air Asia-Some 30+ aircraft have In-flight Wi-Fi chat service and expanding in exponentially in coming years since 2020
Price: – $2 for 3 MB of data use and $4.5 for 10 MB least internet usage which excludes YouTube/Apps downloads.
- American Airlines-Domestic operating flights usually have in-Flight Wi-Fi service within the United States of America under certain tariff plans. Long Haul International flights Wi-Fi is available on some 787 Dreamliner and 777-200 Aircraft.
Price: – $12 for 2 hours,$17 for 4 hours For Long Haul International Flights. While domestic flights provides 24 hours of access while traveler had to pay $49.95 for (monthly subscription)
- Emirates–About 60% of total fleet of Emirates including some Airbus A380s and Boeing 777 have In-flight Wi-Fi access.
Price: – 20 MB free access to all A380s fleet. 150 MB for $9.99 and 500 MB for $15.99. Free internet access is provided for First Class and Business class passengers during the entire flight path duration.
- Japan Airlines–In-Flight Wi-Fi service is available for JAL at some selected routes especially on long-haul flights to Frankfurt, Chicago, New York.
Price: – $10.15 for 1 hour $14.10 for 3 hours, $18.80 for 24 hours.
Price: – Tariff plans generally depend on the passenger’s network provider’s International roaming charges.
- Turkish Airlines:-Fleets of B777-300ER and some A330-300s are embedded with modern day In-flight Wi-Fi service
Price: – Economy class has to pay about $9.99 per hour $14.99 for 24 hour flight duration.
In-Flight Wi-Fi advertising!!! How it’s done?
In-Flight Visual experience
In flight visual experience on seatback screens having a run time of about 15-60 seconds which have the tendency to gain a lot of customers for their commodity on airplane are advertising.
- Visual Platform– Seatback Screens
- Medium– Live TV and ads on OTT platforms
Long Haul In-Flight Broadcast
Broadcast on seatback screens usually range from 5-10 minutes in long flight path duration is quite potent to broadcast message for grabbing audience
- Visual Platform- Seatback Screens
- Medium– Live TV and ads on OTT platforms
Seatback screens visual experience has become too mainstream media for displaying advertisements and commercials. Banners on exterior fuselage can grab too much of attention!!!
- Visual Platform- Aircraft Fuselage
Customer –Satisfaction is the key for a cut above Advertising!!!
- Onboard Wi-Fi plays a vital role in the survival of advertising agency/forums. Better and optimized browsing on mobile devices provides a certain elevation to the opportunity.
- Certain airlines such as Turkish Airlines put more focus on using sustainable resources for new in-flight toys from organic sources. The satisfaction of a teenage group tends to attract a lot of companies to promote their artifact provided in-flight advertisement.
- The In-flight lineup of all hired men/women behavior being antagonistic can cause a decline in customer satisfaction. Hence friendly cabin-crew is always welcomed and appreciated
Where developing country like India does stands for In-Flight Internet Connectivity????
- Firstly, operation and connectivity about 10,000 ft. height are quite challenging for technology. But in the recent past, a certain venture taken by Tata Group as Nelco Ltd. in partnership with Panasonic Avionics Corp has taken the initiative for the purpose.
- At present airline company such as Vistara fleet of A321 and B787 has to offer onboard Wi-Fi connectivity to its passenger. In-Flight Wi-Fi internet connectivity will be available free of cost for a limited period of time. During this time Vistara will gather overall customer user experience for future aspects.
The Future of In-flight promotion/commercials (Conclusion)
The real deal with In-flight Wi-Fi connectivity is lack of internet access via satellite due to geographical location and position of aircraft. But in near future companies such as Viasat and Gogo could surely eliminate such problems for better In-flight Wi-Fi connectivity and will surely help in better endorsements of their product to attract more and more customers
Disclaimer: Trek n Tech claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on Trek n Tech, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.