THE BEST TRAVEL TECH GADGETS 2020
For a full time traveler like me, packing and managing for the trip is like a challenge. I’d rather love to pack very light and use to carry two backpack rather than using one backpack and one stroller combination. Usually I use to carry two backpack, one around front end of my shoulders and other at back portion simultaneously.
- Before Introduction for the best travel tech gadgets, use of smart phone comes up at the top of gadget priority list and is a pre-requisite for any traveler.
- Gadgets can be must requisite for any traveler, but gadget will be of what use?? if you can’t be fully covered during traveling, this is when travel insurance comes into play. Good travel insurance companies will ensure to cover all your and my hospital bills, medication whenever you/I get sick.
- Offline Google Maps is the best tool for navigation, even in remote areas when there is no access to the internet connection.
If you’re traveler especially one who spends time in mostly remote areas, having a handy and portable hard drives is vital for storing tons of gigs of footage, later to share your travel story with other viewers
There are several companies in the market but I’ll personally recommend the most portable and easy to use with USB 3.1 SanDisk (SDSSDE60-500G-G25).
Fortunately its way more expensive than other hard drives in the market with same configuration of 500 Gigs of Data Storage.
- High-Speed data transfer with (500+ MB/s) read speeds
- Password Protection of files as it allows you and I to create a password-protected folder on the hard drive to store your/mine private data
- Pocket size design and easy to carry with high performance embedded with USB 3.1
Action camera companies build compact video/photo capturing devices portable than any DSLR Camera. It can be mounted anywhere and equipped mostly with water proof tech, ability to record high quality video and photos. Most of all the latest action cameras are now a day’s equipped with 4K recording tech.
Talking about my personal favourite are some of these
If you and I want to go handier with camera, then I would suggest the latest tiny camera DJI Pocket 2
- 3 Axis Stabilized Camera
- DJI Matrix Stereo
For zooming and capturing moments over a larger distance, recommendation would be Canon Power Shot Zoom Pocket Monocular Telephoto camera
- 12 MP CMOS sensor
- Video Resolution 1080p/30 FPS
What is 360 degree camera????
This is optional proposal, but mostly used by You-Tuber’s then!!!
What is it????
All new INSTA 360 ONE X2 is 360 degree camera all your travel journey in an enhanced 360 perspective with
- Dual Lens 5.7K @30 FPS,@25 FPS,@24 FPS
- 4K @50 FPS,@30 FPS
- 3K @100 FPS recording
- Waterproof up to 10 m
Drones have become a vital requisite for any traveler but it’s optional for many budget travelers. Both professional and amateurs travelers are adding flying drones to must pack travel packing list for aerial photography and to capture video moments
- If you’re ready to fund in any of these drones, there are some hardships might too come while travelling.
- Flight time
- Camera quality
- Replacement of Spare Parts
But wait a minute before buying and flying your drones there are some guidelines every newbie drone pilot need to follow
Drone Registration (America)
- If a Drone weighs more than (250g), the consumer needs to register for FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) ID number, for a tenure of 3 years registration with a nominal fee of $5.ButDJI Mavic Mini has 249 g takeoff weight, but would still need a Part 107 certificate to become a drone pilot for commercial purposes as per the latest FAA authority.
Drone Registration (India)
- Drones need to be registered on DGCA website via https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/ for weight greater than 250g
- In Future, registration needs to be completed during process of buying and user needs to install trackers on drones.
Drones for Newbie’s
For a newbie traveler, investment in drones is not a piece of cake. While many travelers suggest for budget drones before going for professional top pick ones. I’ll personally recommend for (Hubsan H501SX4) with 1080p FHD video recording resolution for a newbie traveler.
- Flight Time 20 min
- Weight 1500 g
- Auto Return
- Price $219
Another substitute for less budget and better resolution would be
(Geniusidea 4K Follow Drone) for $99.99
- 4K UHD Camera
- Light Weight
- Flight Time 20 mins
But DJI drones are the market leaders in drones tech for very obvious reasons for high quality resolution and stability as compared to others have more pros than cons.
Best Overall DJI drone
DJI Mavic Mini ($359)
DJI Mavic Air 2 ($682)
Universal Travel Adapter
What will be the use of gadget if you can’t charge it through a charging medium for sure? This is when universal travel adapter comes into play. Usually there are something like twelve different types of power socket configuration in common use throughout the world and varies as per country. Universal travel adapter only charges the plugs / layout of the pins on your charger on gadgets.
My Top Pick
Bonus!!! Why Not???
Go Tenna Mesh is one of the latest technological advancement in the field of communication as it hops around message across different devices having encrypted end to end between users locally, individual group of people and mesh users nearby.
Main tech embedded in it is mesh network over radio frequency with long range but low bandwidth. Advantage over other communicating medium, it sends GPS co-ordinates, text message and works great when mobile connections become an arbitrary idea having a range of 6.4 km in open area 0.8 km in dense areas.
There are numerous gadgets introduced in 2020 but these are my favourite one which are budget friendly too as for many beginner content creator on YouTube are on tight budget until there channel get monetize this opens the gates for earning source and further adding more gadgets in near future.
Disclaimer: Trek n Tech claims no credit for images featured on our blog site unless otherwise noted. All visual content is copyrighted to its respectful owners. We try to link back to original sources whenever possible. If you own the rights to any of the images, and do not wish them to appear on Trek n Tech, please contact us and they will be promptly removed. We believe in providing proper attribution to the original author, artist or photographer.